- Domestic abuse is a very serious problem that I take very seriously. I've lost 2 friends due to emotions going out of control - both were murder/suicides.
If you are in danger, don't call an attorney - call 911!
If you think you are in danger, call a shelter. Go on the internet and research the importance of a "safety plan". Please, please be careful. I can only help you if you are alive! Your life and your children's lives are worth more than any possession.
- I DO NOT identify myself when I return a telephone call. I will say something similar to "This is Fran returning your call." If you refuse to identify yourself, I will hang up. Be sure to let me know if it is alright to speak to anyone (male or female) that answers the phone.
- Be advised that I often return phone calls in the evening up until 9:00 p.m. If you don't want me to call you in the evening, let me know.
- If you want to receive a call early in the morning, it might be a potential problem. If I'm in court, I cannot make a phone call. If I'm driving, I won't answer my cell phone.
- Only give me phone numbers that are SAFE. If you don't want me calling and leaving a message on an answering machine, then don't give it to me.
- I do not hit "re-dail" on missed phone calls. You MUST leave a voice mail message if you want me to return your call.
- Most people have caller ID on their phones so be sure that it's alright for my name and phone number to appear on your caller ID.
- Please give me phone numbers that work. I can't return your call, if the phone has been disconnected or won't receive calls.
- I attempt to return all phone calls within 24 hours. If you don't hear back from me within 24 hours then call again.
- Speak slowly and repeat your number twice. I cannot return your call if I don't have all the digits!
- Feel free to leave a detailed message and/or email me. I now have direct email to my cell phone at email@example.com
12. You can text me on 713-847-6000 or 713-805-9591.